Friday, January 23, 2009

Freecycle ROCKS!

Here are the toys that I got from someone off of freecycle. How cool is that! I'm all for free toys. I had to pick them up late last night on some country road north of Iowa City. I saw at least twenty deer during the trip and was careful not to hit any of them.
I'm glad that Abigail is still small and that we can cuddle with her all the time, but I am also excited to see her play with toys someday. I think that little people are fun and I hopes that she likes them.Here she is during tummy time. Usually she doesn't like tummy time, this time she fell asleep. Notice how her outfit is too big. Her legs no longer fit in the newborn outfits, but she isn't able to fill the 0-3 months outfits quite yet.Here I caught her smiling in her sleep, who knows what she was dreaming about.Here she is hard at work with dad. He is getting pretty good at typing one-handed.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my, that is the cutest photo of her smiling in her sleep! I am desperate to meet that little child.

thepurplecow said...

What every baby needs is a DOG!!! I have an extra one that I will give to you FREE!!! And you don't even have to come and get him, I'll box him up and send him right out.

thepurplecow said...

Actually, I love this baby too much to burden her with the most pathetic dog on earth. He's so wimpy and annoying. Let's hope he has been banished to outer darkness once again before the baby comes to visit.

Jessica Sorensen said...

I was going to get those. I have actually gotten somethings from that lady.

Tawnya said...

What is freecycle? She is SOOOO cute. I love the picture where she is smiling. I also love the picture with Ben holding her. How sweet.

As far as Spencer's poop. He would grunt for a while, but then he would just start to cry. It wasn't that it took him a while to get it out, he just didn't let it out. He would usually go days without pooping. It does get easier though, they do learn how.

Nana (Lonna)and Grandpa (Max) said...

Looks like you got a haul!! But then, you always find a big haul when it comes to Freecycle or Craig's List. Lucky Duck.

joyous said...

Good work with freecycle! She is such a cutie-pie, I love the smiling pic!

Kimbooly said...

Wow. You cashed in! Go for those toys!

I love freecycle (www.freecycle.org; sign up for your area), both to give and to receive. Always keeping things out of landfills and stretching their use as long as possible.

Sarah K. said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot with the toys. We love the pic of her smiling in her sleep. So cute :)

HeidiAnn said...

I love the one of her smiling in her sleep! She and Rebekah look so much alike. It is almost wierd how much. We have got to get a picture of them side by side sometime soon. I want to blog about Rebekah's twin. :o) I can't wait to hold little Abigail.

HeidiAnn said...

P.S. Isn't it cute how they can sleep so well on their tummys? Don't tell your doctor, but I let Rebekah sleep on her tummy a lot because she doesn't sleep well on her back. Since she was in the hospital she kind of learned how to sleep on her back because they won't have any babies sleeping on their tummies there. It seems like Rebekah feels more secure on her tummy. Oh, and on the hungry while breastfeeding thing. Yeah! I totally know. I was starving all the time when I breastfed. Isn't it crazy. Thirsty too. Wierd. I hope you found some filling foods to eat.

~Jordan and Samantha said...

Love that baby girl! She is so precious and I love her little coos and sighs when she is sleeping!