Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Just thought I'd review for everyone's enjoyment and edification a few of the photographs that we took in 2007 during the campaign season.

Here's the new President of the United States at a campaign rally in Coralville - we were in the front row:


Here's the new Vice-President of the United States at a campaign stop in Vinton. We actually got to see Joe Biden several different times - he was at a backyard meet-and-greet a few houses down the street from our home and we had breakfast while listening to him speak at the famous Hamburg Inn No. 2 in Iowa City.


Here's the new Secretary of State her husband, a certain former U.S. president, at a campaign event in Iowa City:



Here is us with the former Secretary of Commerce-designee Bill Richardson at an event in Cedar Rapids. Maybe he'll get a spot in the cabinet after Obama's reelection in four years?



And finally, here we are with Sen. John McCain at a soapbox speech at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines. This picture made it into the New York Times website. Katie and I are down on the ground in the front next to the person in the yellow shirt:

3 comments:

Kimbooly said...

Wowweeee, Ben, you and Katie are practically famous! Very cool and fun pics.

And Happy Birthday, Katie!

Kristy Lynne said...

Hi. (I'm commenting so I can't be considered "Lurking")

joyous said...

Sweet!! I know you guys saw a lot of candidates over the last year and a half. Ben, I appreciate your posts on current political events and feel they are very informative. I know that you are well-read and that you have Katie's vote of confidence, both of which give me confidence in your opinion. Keep the posts coming.

(I also really enjoy the baby pics!)