Monday, February 2, 2009

How to Dry a Rose

Several weeks ago we had an awesome Sunday School lesson about the Savior Jesus Christ. As an object lesson (and a ploy to get people to participate) the teacher gave out roses to people willing to share their testimony and then later share a scripture. I was excited to get a rose and quickly raised my hand. The lesson was great and I learned a lot. I took the rose home and put it in a vase on the counter with the tape still attached. I never touched it again, yet somehow it dried perfectly. There must be something magical about the tape or maybe it was the scripture:

Doctrine & Covenants 6
20 Behold, thou art Oliver, and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love.
21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Don't anyone construe the phrase "I was excited to get a rose and quickly raised my hand" to suggest that she never receives any from her husband. On the contrary, she was so excited because she gets them so often from said husband and so knows what to expect (i.e. availability heuristic).

Katie said...

Ha!

Jessica Sorensen said...

Jared brought his rose home to me since I was home with a sick baby, but mind wilted over and died. That is awesome how it dried so good.