Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Man's Trash. . .

I've had a great month with freecycle and garage sales. I got this high chair for free and it has been awesome for feeding Abigail.

Several weeks ago I headed to the city wide garge sale (the city provided a map to all of the various sales). I wanted a jogging stroller, a play kitchen, baby toys, an aerobic step, and a working CD player. I hoped I would find at least one of these things. The first sale I went to had: A JOGGING STROLLER for *$10, a play kitchen with food for $10, and cute baby toys. How awesome is that? I ended up only going to four sales before my car was too full. I found an ottoman for my glider, magnetic letters and numbers, cute summer hats and swimwear for Abs, a small couch for Abigail that folds out into a bed (it only weighs three or four pounds). I never found the aerobic step or the CD player, but I guess I can't be too picky. :)




*Kim, I'm not a haggler or I probably could have gotten these items cheaper. Next time you'll have to come from CA to help me out. :)

4 comments:

~Jordan and Samantha said...

Wow - great job!!! I want to go with you next year, but we can fill up our own cars!

Shelly said...

Those are great deals! Don't worry about haggling. It's easier to do later on Saturday because you know the sales are almost closed. Love the stroller! Can you find me a double with a swivel wheel?

Tawnya said...

Ok, that is soo cool! You are so awesome! A jogging stroller for $10? NICE!

Stephanie said...

You rock. I love city-wide garage sales. How awesome for you.