Monday, August 3, 2009

More Garage Sale Finds

I need to stop going to garage sales. All I ever end up buying is toys for Abigail. The deals are great, but really, how many toys does she need. I have found a xylophone, a walking toy that makes popping sounds, magnetic alphabet pieces, a toy bus that sings the "wheels on the bus song,"a potty chair that fits on the toilet, a magna doodle (for church), and lots of other fun toys.
Most of these toys are hidden out in the garage and are only brought out when we have playdates. She will be surprised come her birthday and Christmas. :)
Several weeks ago I spent an entire morning looking for baby gates. I went to over twenty sales and found nothing (except some cute shoes and clothes that were a quarter each). We really NEED baby gates, so I was disappointed. Yesterday we went to one sale, and only because it was a block away. They had a baby gate for $3. We got it.
My favorite find was at the same sale. Ben let me buy this cute IKEA table and chairs. He talked them down from $15 to $10. I love them.
I also love this couch that I bought for Abigail over a month ago. Her cousin Katelyn has a similar one. It folds down in to a bed. This is where she slept on our camping trip and I just know she is going to love it. I am a little squeamish about having her role model be a scantily clad fictional character, oh well. I don't know if I am smart enough to figure out how to recover it.

3 comments:

joyous said...

Good work on the garage sale finds. And don't worry, they have Ariel stuff with her in a dress. ;)

K-Krew said...

Nice job on all the finds. Lucy (who turns 5 next month) still loves her couch so I'm sure Abigail will get lots of use out of hers. And I love the little table and chairs set - super cute.

nathan n rachel said...

That table is adorable!