Monday, March 12, 2012

Family Visit

We have 9:30 a.m. church. The adults were up early on Sunday preparing everybody. We would have been on time too, if I hadn't suggested that we take some pictures of everybody all dressed up. I do not regret it either. This first picture of Abigail and me is one my favorites of all time. She is the most precious thing ever. Jeff brought his nice camera and used the skills that he has gained by taking local photography classes. I want a nice camera and knowledge on how to use it.






We had pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast with eggs. I had meant to make these for Valentine's day but it hadn't happened, so I decided to make them for our guests. Church was eventful. Abigail went up with the primary children to play a musical number with the bells. She somehow managed to hit herself in the face with a bell mid song and was brought down to me crying hysterically. It is not always a good thing that churches are designed to carry sound. I then took her out and soothed her. She was thrilled to have lots of cousins to play with in the pew and kept moving up and down it. She seemed to think she was more at liberty to misbehave because I was so far from her. I had to repeatedly sit her down. Then she asked to go to the restroom. I took her. Somehow she made it all the way there only to have an accident in front of the toilet. Her tights were soaked. I found an extra pair of panties in the car. She waited with her naked little bottom on the couch while I ran out the car. The edge of the dress was a little wet, but I decided that it wasn't worth it to drive home for an outfit change.
On to primary. Bee still does not like it. She pouts and refuses to participate. Sometimes she hides underneath the table. Sometimes they bring her to me because she will not stop crying. As I was trying to deal with this, Brooklyn started choking. The sacrament speaker had handed out little round mint candies to all the children. She choked on hers and ended up vomiting all over the hallway. Ben, Jeff, and I tried to clean it up the best we could while Shelly cleaned up Brooklyn and herself. No fun. I thought that Bee had stayed in primary only to find out that she spent the entire Priesthood hour with Benjamin all while he was teaching the lesson. Why, oh why, won't she stay in Primary?

Home from church we ate a yummy crock pot stew and bid farewell to our cousins. It was so fun to see them and to have them stay at our house. Bee also loved having friends to play with and she still remembers her cousins.

Shelly blogged about this too, you can read about it here.

3 comments:

joyous said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That was an eventful Sunday to say the very least!!! Sunbeams can be a hard transition, but she'll get there eventually. As for the rest, that's almost unbelievable. Choking, vomit, bathroom accident, musical injury, irreverent behavior....and they call Sunday a 'day of rest'-HA! At least you had family there with you to help you survive. :)

Kimbooly said...

*sniff* Wish we could have been there, too!

Jenny said...

Is it funny yet? I love this story. What a day.