Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Parmesan Cheese

It would definitely be an understatement to say that Benjamin is a fan of Parmesan cheese. When we eat pizza, his cheese layer is usually thicker than the pizza itself. At Olive Garden they ask if you want cheese on your pasta and then they expect you to say 'when' once you've had enough. There's always an awkward moment when the waiter thinks he's given you enough and Benjamin is content to let him keep cranking away at the grater until most of the cheese is gone. He loves the stuff.

Apparently his daughter is taking after him. Recently I left her alone at the table after I had finished my lunch. I mistakenly left the Parmesan cheese on the table as well. When I went to check on her, I found at least a cup of Parmesan cheese on her plate and lots of it down her shirt and on the floor. She proceeded to lick her entire palm, stick it in the cheese, and then try to transfer all of that powder (unsuccessfully) to her mouth. It was everywhere. She was so proud of herself too.




She is also eating a spinach smoothie that I made. Silly girl.
Here's a link to a movie that I took of her. I love this movie. My favorite part is when she calls me precious, and I also laugh every time that she dips her hand in the cheese and then shoves it into her mouth.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is so awesome! I love that stuff too, but not quite as much as Ben. :)

Rachel said...

I LOVE parmesan. Probably as much as ben. Eamon is taking after me and wants it on everything, especially things it's not supposed to be on.