Thursday, April 19, 2012

5K

Benjamin recently signed us up for a 5K that was sponsored by a local sorority. We woke up early and ran in the nice, cool spring morning weather. I was worried that I would finish very last, especially when running with a group of college students. I was surprised, then, when we passed up many of them. The first ones we passed were all of the walkers, then we passed up some of the early joggers who had turned into walkers.

I made my goal of jogging the entire time.  I am proud of my ability to endure.Benjamin stayed with me and paced me well for the entire run. Bee turned into zombie child in the stroller and enjoyed the ride. She was excited to be in a race and brings it up every time that we return to the park. I was glad that Benjamin stayed with me. I know that he could have made a much quicker time if he had gone on by himself. I improved my time as well because it is a lot easier to run with your hands and arms free while your husband is pushing the stroller.
I forgot to take a before picture, wish we had. Here is our less-than-flattering after picture. Benjamin looks good, as he always does.

2 comments:

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Yay for you guys!! Nice work!

Mallory Stoker said...

That is awesome! Way to go.