Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Minute

One of Bee's chores is to unload the silverware. It is a simple task and it is perfect for her. She loves to organize things and to put them in their respective spots. Sometimes she fights me and will take this one minute chore and turn it into an hour of procrastination. This time, though, I was pleasantly surprised. Instead of whining, she headed to the kitchen to complete her chore. I listened to hear her begin and unfortunately did not hear the corresponding clinks and clanks. She was not whining either so I did not pursue it further. I heard her sweet voice happily playing for the next forty minutes as she imagined that each fork, spoon, and knife were part of her little world. She played and played. It was not what I had expected.

I am always surprised by the things that amuse her and that capture her interest. I love that she can imagine. She eventually understood that it was in her best interest to put the silverware in their proper place. In retrospect, maybe we should have washed them all again.


1 comment:

Tawnya said...

That is so cute! And what patience you have to let her keep going!