Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Playgrounds

I finally finished my homemade repair for our "new" swing set.  I replaced the cracked plastic glider seats with some wood. The project took me longer then expected, but has served well. I spray painted the wood with a water protectant and then drilled the holes and fastened the screws.


I took these two photos at our local park.


Sand boxes are great for playing, bad for messes. Bee is so creative with the sand and really enjoys playing in it. I usually let her, even though getting sand out of hair can be extremely difficult. 
Our spring weather has been so beautiful and we have been trying to take advantage of it as much as we can. One fun thing that we've been doing lately is taking a blanket out into the backyard and sitting on it to color, to play ponies, or to read stories. It is nice to be out in the sun.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Wow! Love the swing set! Way to go!

Kimbooly said...

Aaah, so you completely replaced the plastic. Looks good. The first three pictures can be framed because the first one has the teddy bear in it. It would be a great montage.