Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day Seven in Utah

 We took advantage of Denali offering to babysit again and Benjamin and I, spontaneously at 2 p.m. on a hot day, hiked the wind caves in Logan canyon. We have done this hike a few times before and we always enjoy it. It was as steep as I remember, but the view was worth it. It was fun to have some alone time with Benjamin, even if I was huffing and puffing the whole way. We even ran into another hiker wearing a UK hat and we found out that they live fairly close to us. Small world.
This is the view from inside the cave.
Not the best picture, but proof that I was there. I had forgotten my sunglasses and wore Abigail's for the hike.
 The hike down was much better until we ran into a youth conference group hiking up. The trail wasn't really made to accommodate that many people at the same time. It was fun to see the different endurance levels amongst the youth, and even amongst their leaders.

Later in the afternoon, I took Abigail to the fire station so that grandpa could show her around. He did a great job of teaching about the different fire trucks and fire safety. He even put on the fire mask and showed her what a fireman sounds like when they come into a burning home. He told her not to be scared of the fire men and he taught her to stay low to the ground when there is a fire. I was fascinated by everything as well. I cannot remember the last time I received a tour of a fire station.






This is right after she had plugged her ears while listening to the sirens.




Listening to her heart.


Thanks grandpa for the tour.


No comments: