Friday, September 21, 2012

Traveling Again


 The MOPS convention this year was scheduled to be in Dallas in early August. I and my MOPS group  had planned to attend. I was extremely excited, because I have a sister in Dallas and I wanted any excuse to get to visit her. I was crushed when I found out that my group had decided that it was too expensive to go. I decided to go the Dallas anyway. I would have gone during the middle of July but I had one of my days of Jury Duty on July 19th. After my twenty minutes of jury duty, I wasn't called to a panel, I packed up the car and started driving. Benjamin was not able to come with me, him being the responsible one and all. I took Abigail with me and we started driving. I called a good friend from Iowa, who now lives in Missouri and we made plans to stop and visit her for a day before heading on to Texas. The drive went great until I tried to drive through St. Louis. It was pretty stressful to navigate traffic and road work. I was using the GPS on my phone which died at a crucial point when my car almost ran out of gasoline. I could not see anything from the freeway and was trying to resuscitate my phone and then pull out the actual GPS all while driving. Not safe. I was stressed to the point of tears and Abby just wanted me to play make-believe with her. Ahh!

Another problem was that I had counted on using all of my music and videos on my phone to entertain ourselves on the drive. My phone had horrible service and I was unable to access the Google Cloud during most of the drive. I wish I had brought the portable DVD player with me and some CDs. Luckily I was able to purchase some episodes of Blues Clues on my iPOD while I was at Rachel's. The rest of the drive went much smoother and I avoided St. Louis completely on my return trip.

We finally made it to Rachel's and I was SO glad. It was so great to see her. I miss her so much. I wish we could be next door neighbors, it was so good to see her and her family. They took great care of us and we had a lot of fun watching the children play.

 
We went to the farmers market and got our faces painted, a free coloring book, and  made a butterfly craft.


 
Abigail isn't fond of anyone who interferes with what she is doing, especially babies. She got so annoyed with B. trying to get to her coloring book that she found a better, safer place to color. E. followed her and started coloring there as well. Looks comfortable, doesn't it?

 
They also tried their hands at bowling. This was not the most effective way to bowl, but they enjoyed themselves immensely.





 
Rachel enjoyed doing mine and Abigail's hair. She is so talented. I need her to do my hair every day. 
She did my hair for this picture. It was so fun to stay up talking with her and to spend time at their house

We arrived on Friday and left on Sunday morning. I wish we could have stayed a week. Thanks Rachel for letting us come visit.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh I wish you would come back!!! ANY TIME! Just come back!!!