Monday, January 14, 2013

Tree

This summer, I had been considering painting a tree on the wall as a means to decorate a baby's room. We've been hoping for a baby for years and I decided that I would do it when we had one. When Sierra approached me this summer and asked me to paint a tree on her wall, I decided that I did not have to wait until I had a baby. I could paint a tree on Abby's wall right now. So I did.

I found this picture online on pinterest, but the link did not work. I had no guides or instructions, just this picture to go off of. 

Wall murals kkatnthehat

I drew the tree on the wall with chalk and then over a period of a few days, painted the tree on the wall. I did the best that I knew how, but I was not pleased with how it looks up close.



Bee had so much fun with the ladder. She used the tray at the top to store her most recent "collection."

I bought the vinyl online and then Sierra cut out all of the leaves and letters for me on her Cricut.


We also borrowed Tasha's cartridge and printed out some butterflies and some birds.


The tree has been finished on her wall since June, the quilt was just recently finished.
I also drew a silhouette of Toothless and of a Pteranodon on her wall, but I haven't decided if I am going to paint them in or not. She is starting to grow out of her dinosaur phase, some days. At this rate, I can just wash away the chalk and draw a silhouette of her next phase in chalk. She seems content with that.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

I think it looks amazing! You have so much talent! And way to go for actually accomplishing things you pin on pinterest! :)

Kimbooly said...

I noticed toothless in a couple spots. I like the tree as it is. So pretty, and that quilt! WOW!