Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Christmas Eve

I went all out for Christmas Eve dinner and almost had a mental breakdown (not really) doing so. It was tough. My mom helped me talk through the schedule and that calmed me down. We did turkey, real mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green been casserole, home made rolls, stove top stuffing, gravy (thanks Rob), jello in the shape of a train (long story), and cheese cake.
Here is my kitchen during the dinner making process.

Here are some of the boys wrapping the presents that they went and purchase on Christmas Eve afternoon.

Karolyn made two large cheese balls for the next day. Kimberly purchased lots and lots of Gala apples and brought them with her. You can see them in the background. These were great to have on hand. I especially loved them after I received a peeler, slicer, corer from Benjamin for Christmas. I love this handy little tool. I am spoiling Abigail  though, now she won't eat an apple with a peel on it.
Apple Peeler, Corer and Slicer

Grandpa was extremely handy to have in the kitchen, especially when I needed something down from the top cupboards.


We somehow got all of us to fit into my preschool room and had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner.

Kyle & Amy made it just in time. Benjamin picked them up from the airport that afternoon and after a stop for diapers, they pulled up as we were ready to sit down to dinner. We loved having them as well, and were all especially enthralled with their precious little girl. She is a doll.

No comments: