Friday, June 7, 2013

Easter Sunday

Abigail awoke Easter Sunday to find a new dress, a basket, some plastics eggs, and a note from the Easter Bunny. It stated that she needed to get dressed first and then she could follow the clues to find her Easter basket. She got herself ready quickly. I love how the curlformers are easy to pull out and style. It takes a while to put them in the night before, but they are super easy in the morning and they give her the most beautiful curls.


Then she headed on the hunt and found many toys and eggs along the way as she read the clues and followed them.

She received some new ponies and a pony dance stage. 
She also received a necklace making kit. 




She and Benjamin spent time together assembling a necklace and a bracelet.


Her gift from us this year was one that I have been working on for quite a while. Around Christmas time a sister in my ward gave me an old doll crib that her been her daughter's (also named Abby). I kept it hidden, fixed it up, and painted it. Abby actually helped me paint it. I had taken it apart and she did not know what it was. It is a cute crib and the side "door" slides up and down. The parts were in my basement for several months and I put them together the night before Easter.

Just before Easter, I decided that it would be fun to make a matching doll quilt. I had lots of fabric left over from her quilt and decided to take on the challenge. I had to work quickly and it was difficult to make it a surprise. I finished sewing on the flowers on Easter's eve. I finished just in time for the reveal on Easter morning. She doesn't love it as much as I would have hoped. I think she just might not be old enough to enjoy it. I am hoping that at some point she will realize what she has and play with it more. Right now she fills it with all of her stuffed animals and pretends it is a zoo.








Here is our beautiful girl all dressed up and ready to head to church.


e had a nice, relaxing Easter Sunday and spent it together as a family. Our church meetings were edifying  We tried to remember the spirit of Easter and talked a lot about our Savior, Jesus Christ and felt and expressed much gratitude for His sacrifice and His atonement. Abby learned a lot about the resurrection at church and participated a lot in our Easter discussions.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Love the matching blanket! So cute! And those curls are adorable!