Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Friends

Abby took this picture in the car.

I made rainbow pudding pops for a get together with these friends. We had an awesome barbecue and a good time.


We had these girls over for a sleepover and enjoyed story time together.

I'm teaching her to love boggle by steps. Right now they are useful to make pyramids. Someday....she'll beat me at boggle.

Bike riding at Millennium park.

I made it a goal of mine to try and teach Abigail to ride a bike (with training wheels) this summer. She doesn't like it and every time she falls, she is more and more discouraged. I have given up by this point, but I did spend quite a bit of time this summer trying to encourage her. One way I did so was by having her talk to "Mr.Tree." She has always liked this tree because of the face that the owners attached to it. It's hard to see in this photo, but the tree has eyes, a nose, and a mouth.  I would have her show off to this tree and he (through me) would praise her for all her efforts. Here she is hugging Mr. Tree. If she stopped pedaling, "he" would ask why she had stopped and he would praise and encourage her for any progress. At some points she was stopping and going so often that it took us thirty minutes to go three yards. Ack! I even had to bribe her to get on the bike. She will now ride it (still with training wheels) at a very slow pace and over cracks in the sidewalk without getting off to walk. We made some progress. We'll see if she ever shows interest in the bicycle.


With friends at the pool.



No comments: