Friday, August 30, 2013

Museum Trips


I love how Abigail happily cuddles with her family. She is so loving, especially since she doesn't see them very often. I'm sure Nana loved cuddling with her cute little granddaughter.

While Nana taught piano lessons every day, we would go on our own trips. While we waited for the metro, she happily colored on the new color wonder book that Nana gave her. This was a great gift and we used it lots during this trip.


I've been to DC enough to know that Tuesdays are the best day to visit the Natural History museum. The Discovery room is open and the butterfly museum is free. We went to the discovery room again this trip and she was so fascinated by all of the exhibits and all of the opportunities to explore. She loved the x-rays, the measuring tape, the dress-ups, the fossils, the magnifying glasses, and the microscopes.


I was excited to make her try on this dress that is made be some of the natives in Panama, it reminded me of my mission there.

Measuring.

She is turning in to a pretty good photographer. I did hear the ocean.

I was proud of her for being careful with the fragile items. This room is so great. I think she colored at least four pictures here too. She also spent quite a bit of time looking through the binoculars. I am not so very good at getting the binoculars to focus where I want them to.

1 comment:

Kimberly Wilson said...

Btw, Carter talks about her a lot, and points out little girls her age, saying they are her. :-)