Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Great Ideas (Not Mine)

Dry-erase markers are so useful. We do so many things with them.  
I try to decorate the chalkboard weekly. Abigail colored this one in. Sometimes I draw pictures of things that correspond to the letter. I guess I didn't do that with the letter "A."

"A" for ant and alligator.

Counting sticks to determine how many days we've been in school.

I found this reading game in the book "Teach Your Child to Read in Just Ten Minutes a Day". It has been such a great way to teach reading. The girls progressed so quickly. I highly recommend it.
 
This activity is awesome too. Instructions are here. It is fabulous! The girls break out into this song ALL of the time. M's mom says that this is one of her favorite songs.


Butterflies!!!!

We also love to play "Hedbandz." We took this picture for Grandma, because she loves cows.

Here we are practicing the prophets with the "follow the prophet" song. My mom drew these and made me a copy. They are so fun.

1 comment:

Mallory Stoker said...

I used that book to teach Annabelle to read! I really liked it. Also have you tried dried erase crayons? I like them because they don't dry out, but they are a little bit harder to erase sometimes. You are a great mom and it is fun seeing the things you are doing!