Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Three Plus Three

My friend and her husband got the opportunity to go on a fun work trip and she paid us to watch her children so that she could go. It was an adjustment, but lots of fun. I found myself counting A LOT to make sure that I knew where they all were. Luckily she let us use her house for most of the time so that her children would feel more comfortable. This made things a lot easier. We had so many fun memories. The kids really slept well for us, which was great.

Some of them crashed preschool. They were good students.

The biggest challenge was Halloween. Bad weather resulted in the dates of trick-or-treating being moved behind a day. That meant that I had three extras for the trick-or-treating. Luckily we had two awesome high-schoolers who came with us to help. I was pretty proud of myself for managing the chaos and getting all of these cuties out of the door.
 Abigail, still obsessed with the Kratt brothers, decided to be a bat for Halloween. I tried to talk her out of it. I really did. I told her that bats are creepy and she said that they're not creepy and that people just think they are. She went on to explain that bats eat mosquitoes and that the bats that we have near us do not drink blood. She thinks that bats are the bomb. She loves to make loud screeching sounds and then pretend that she is using echolocation.

I asked her if I could make a "cute" bat costume and she said no. She wanted only black, because bats are black. Somehow I managed to talk her into purple with sparkly glitter. Phew. I found instructions on how to make the wings on this website and then I just adjusted them to how I wanted them. She absolutely loves them. She wears them all of the time. She "flies," jumps, screeches, runs, hangs upside down, etc. So much fun!



That night we got babysitters for all of the kids (we are so lucky to have such patient and wonderful babysitters) and went to a Scott McCreery show. I had never heard of him before, but really enjoyed his music. The crowd was probably more subdued than he is used to, but there were some die hard fans there. At one point he was reaching over the stage and signing people's arms.



I couldn't pass up this photo opportunity.

The haul from trick-or-treating.

I absolutely love this picture. Benjamin is a sweetie.

They cuddle more than Benjamin likes.
 And, go me!, I got all the children ready for church. I think Benjamin had to go early for a meeting. I wasn't brave enough to actually go inside the chapel, but I sat out in the hall with all of them and tried to keep them relatively quiet during the meeting. Aren't they cute???? I did well. Huh? I could handle more kids, however, it was a lot of work. We were tired afterwards. Very tired. I didn't do anything on that Saturday besides take care of chidlren. I didn't read, clean, do dishes, do laundry, go for a walk, anything. Having multiple children is a full-time job. It's well worth it, though.


1 comment:

Sierra said...

Thanks for watching our kids!!! Lets do it again. ;)