Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fall Paradise

Christy invited us to her lake house for fall break. It wasn't too cold yet and Abby and I were thrilled to be able to go. We felt bad leaving Benjamin behind, but he doesn't love water sports, so we figured that he wouldn't be too jealous.

It was so nice. I can't even describe how nice. It just felt like a vacation. It was very relaxing and peaceful. I loved getting to go. The girls played and played all day every day and I barely saw them except for our structured activities.

This was the view from the beach/dock.

Abby quickly got herself muddy. I couldn't keep her out of the water, even though it was a little bit chilly.





Abigail's highlight of the trip was driving the boat. How fun to get to be at the wheel and to feel completely in control. 
My little fish even talked her friend into getting into the cold water. I got in too at one point. The water felt warm to me, but that is because I was raised in Utah and my experience with lake water was usually frigid, even in the middle of the summer.

G. is so sweet with the little girls, he is a great big brother and Abby loves him.

This photo was staged. They had been cuddling and then separated. I had to ask them to cuddle back together for a picture. These two have practically been like sisters this year.

It was so fun to see turtles sunbathing on our slow drive to the marina. 

We even had a bonfire with s'mores and ghost stories.





We also enjoyed some fun off-roading with the ATV's and UTV's


There was quite a bit of mud. The driver of  this one gunned it to try to get through a bad patch, he forget to let his passenger know his plan and she fell off. She was a good sport about it and there was a lot of laughter. She stayed muddy all day so that her dad could see it when he got there.



Seriously, this was a luxury vacation. So much fun.
I offered to help with the cleaning on the last day before I left. I spent an hour steaming the tile and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even while cleaning, I felt like I was having a great time. I loved the feeling of being able to get away and not having to worry about all my day-to-day stresses.

The only downside was that after a week of nonstop play, the girls weren't as excited about having to do a structured preschool the next week.

1 comment:

Greg & Chris said...

These pictures and comments are so perfect! Wow!!! You are a very talented blogger:) why do I love the little boot picture SO much?!