Saturday, September 27, 2014

Counting and Sorting

We had a fight one day about chairs. They both wanted the dark green chair. I really thought that these chairs were identical. However, a great battle ensued. I always try to let them solve their problems. Sometimes I step in, but I do try to let them figure out a solution. In this case, they were able to. They decided to "share" the dark green chair.

We practiced skip-counting by fives. We were also learning how to make tally marks.

This was another 100 day activity. I had the girls draw a picture of what they look like now and then a picture of what they might look like when they are a hundred. It was so fun.


A fun playdate with the magnatiles.

This day I let Matti lead us in the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom book. I love this picture of her. They love the chance to be the teacher.

These two are so cute together. Here they are sorting pasta and counting.






1 comment:

Shelly said...

We LOVE magna tiles. For the last two Christmases Santa had brought a set. Fun for older ones too! You're awesome! It's great to see this journey.