Sunday, October 19, 2014

Super

One of Abigail's obsessions this spring was Thor. She was in love with Thor and his amazing super powers. As I mentioned in a previous post, we decided to throw a superhero party just for fun! I found so many fun and creative and inspiring and free ideas on the internet that everything was easy and simple. The girls did the planning and the inviting and I helped with whatever was needed. It really was unique to throw a party without all of the requirements and commitments of a birthday party. It was much less stressful and there were no expectations. The goal was for the kids to have fun, and they did.
Photo booths seem to be all the rage right now, so I drew this background on our chalkboard wall and then found some printables for the kids to hold.








I covered these thought bubbles in contact paper and then let the kids write on them with dry-erase markers.






Grandma Lora had sent Abby this photoshopped picture and she decided that she wanted to use it for a pin the hammer on THORINA game. So funny.





I thought the girls did a pretty good job cutting out these circles and taping on the toothpicks. Also, I used the cupcake corer that my MIL gave me for Christmas and then filled these with chocolate pudding. They were so good.

I have a suspension rod above this doorway to hang up weathering drapes during the winter. I attached the crepe paper to it with masking tape. It was definitely a favorite for the little ones. I already had all the supplies so it was cheap and easy.



Abby required that all the characters get up and tell who they were and what their superpower was. Her helmet was made from cardstock. I found the free printable here.






I also had crayons and coloring pages available for anyone who wanted to color. There were balloons in the playroom. It really was a relaxed party and was worth the time and effort that it took to pull it off. It was nice to have good weather. Sometimes it would be nice not to have winter birthdays. Sigh.

1 comment:

Lonna said...

I don't know which I loved more, the "Pin the tail on the Thorina Abigailina" or "Where is my supersuit?"